Pardon the mess, Play My Code is in beta!

READY TO PLAY?
CLICK TO LOG IN!

Forums

all topics

BBHRgames

;-;

I learned everything I could about this place. All the little tricks you can do and all the fancy string operations, etc. I studied the docs for weeks trying to understand everything. I even went out of my way and searched through pretty much every forum post and game to figure out how to implement a save feature. Now it seems all that work is no use because of how dead this place is.

8 months ago

GreatGames

"You know nothing, Jon Snow"

"I know kungfu" => "Show me" Your code says much about what you (don't) know.

8 months ago

markpwns2

Slick2D

I've pretty much left this site, after porting all my PMC games to Slick2D. Also, CLEAN UP YOUR DAMN CODE! Slap whoever wrote lines 324-448 of this project! http://www.playmycode.com/build/edit/15341

8 months ago

BBHRgames

That was me who wrote that lol. But the pattern wasn't consistent, how else could I do that? :P

8 months ago

BBHRgames

this stick2d?

https://nanohub.org/resources/stick2d/about

8 months ago

markpwns2

XD

No, SLICK2D SLICK lol stick2d what even is that

8 months ago

BBHRgames

Ohhh that makes more sense now xD

8 months ago

JohnyLaz

I like yer games.... "stick" with this site.

7 months ago

BBHRgames

Wait I just now saw GreatGame's comment. I've been coding for like about 4 years now, trust me I know what I'm doing and now I even know Assembly and server programming so I'm better now at it than I've ever been. And yes I do know everything about Quby because the functions and what not have pretty much been ingrained in my head from years of coding here, so saying "Shows how much you (don't) know" makes no sense. It is possible you were getting my code mixed up with Reid's code, which is kinda okay now but it used to be so unbelievably bad like one time he made a cheat system for one of his games where you typed in stuff on your keyboard, but instead of using the standard "put all letters into a string, split it by each index, go through the list until one of the list items is pressed, add the pressed item to an empty string variable, and display it" method which is sooo much easier, he used this extremely complicated 1,000 lines of code long (not even exaggerating) monster just so you could input 4 letters. But anyway you might've just got mine mixed up with someone else's (common since we all 3 share this account) but I've never really thought my recent projects had messy code. Like Monopoly Quest and all that shit I made on my old ps4star account is trash but pretty much everything 2016 and beyond is actually readable so I don't know where you're getting that statement from.

4 months ago

JohnyLaz

Aaahhhhhh, You and I keep it alive. Veterans and rookies

4 months ago